- Roughly $150 billion is spent annually on product packaging globally.
- The global packaging industry has an annual growth rate of 3.5 percent.
- Corrugated cardboard packaging is used to ship approximately 90% of all U.S. products.
- Corrugated was patented in 1871 and was used to wrap bottles and glass lantern chimneys.
- In the United States alone, the corrugated packaging industry employs over 70,000 people.
- Within the packaging sector, corrugated is the largest segment with over 1,500 production facilities in North America.
- Consumers on average form an impression of a brand within seven seconds of seeing the product. Therefore, custom packaging can be instrumental in creating a good first impression.
- Research shows businesses see a 30% increase in consumers if they focus on product packaging.
- Sustainable packaging is becoming increasingly popular. Two-thirds of Americans said that sustainable packaging plays a significant role in their purchase making decision.
- Consumers view packaging close to equally as important as the brand itself (10% vs. 12%).